As a true conservative, I must disagree. It is NONE OF THE STATE’S business whether or not I am married affairs and to whom.
Surely you are not saying that the state cares about the security hazards of two gays living together but doesn’t care about cohabiting heterosexuals, or vice versa.
Keep in mind that I am a conservative Christian, happily married heterosexually, but I still fail to see how the government gets to say who any consenting adult gets to marry…and as the daughter of a veteran I still don’t see how who I am married to affects anyone in the military.
- My Take On “Catholic Bishops Oppose Obama Compromise on Birth”
- Opinion On “U.S. Softens Sanction Plan Against Iran”
- Opinion On “Eat, Pray, Love Author Elizabeth Gilbert on Marriage and Her New Book, Committed”
- My Take On “Steve Inskeep: Liberal Bias at NPR?”
- Criticism On “Amazon Battles States Over Sales Tax”